
Some of you may think of Fall as a season, but I prefer to think of it as a fabulous and lengthy holiday! It is my favorite time of the year and it includes fabulous things like my anniversary, and Thanksgiving...which is my favorite "real" holiday. Then it leads right into the Christmas season which I also adore. The tree goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving in my household...Michael loves it! (the music starts then too!)
Anyway I bring all this up because I have been on a mission to find myself some beautiful pumpkins this year. Last year I found a beauty at Whole Foods in Birmingham, but since I am not getting up there I have had to search elsewhere. Last week when I was attending a conference in PCB (and no I did not hit up Club La Vela while I was there) I happened upon to pumpkins in Publix. I think they are awesome, gnarley and distinct, others however, do not agree. Elizabeth refused to stand near the light orange one, and Carolyn says they are just nasty or gross, or diseased! Everything else Carolyn said about them was more of a vomiting noise than an actual word. Anyway I think they are beautiful. So I am sharing there pictures with you. 

7 comments:
You know I share your appreciation of pumpkins but I have to say....that one on the left is a creature.
Maybe you will post some pics of your Thanksgiving decorations. *hint* *hint*
Allison I enjoy your love for the season, but.... EWWW.
awww i love fall, too. i love your cool pumpkins! the one on the left might have warts.
SEE! I told you that the pumpkin looked like the man from Indonesia they called bark man that was covered in warts - thank you CNN.com. GROSS. Also, I saw your beloved wart pumpkins in my publix and i asked to speak with the manager about them being so close to my produce selections... ;)
hahah i know of this tree/bark man! i saw him on tlc. really freaked reed out!
omg, I was just talking about the tree man the other day! I know pregnancy brings on food cravings, but the warty pumpkins can't be blamed on the pregnancy-- you are just quirky.
hooray! punky will be here in less than 2 months!
p.s. I love that Shell Belle called your pumpkin a "creature".
Post a Comment