Monday, March 22, 2010

Things I want to do when I grow up....

I don't know if it is the Spring time, or it is the fact that after 9 months of pregnanacy and 12. 5 months of baby I finally feel like me again, but I am on a new kick to get my life organized. So in a perfect world I would do the following:

"Spring Clean My Life"- Check out this post on Martha Stewart.com. I so want this to be my weekend project! But it won't be, because I have too many other projects!

Find My Style- I want to consult my friend Nick (the coolest designer in Ny and on the web). I have always enjoyed decorating and pulling a room together, but lately I look around my house and I feel like it is all discombobulated. I also used to come up with decorative projects and crafty things, like my friends Emily, and Holland, and Anne, and Lindsay. But these days the closest I get is reorganizing Curious George, Good Night Moon and Eric Carle books in the nursery- putting the board books within prime reaching zone for a 30 inch tall being. (remember 20th percentile in height and observed by his Great Grandmother Betty to be "no bigger than a bar of soap") So if any of you are coming by my house any time soon- know that my decorating gene was stolen by pregnancy which happened about a week after we moved into our residence and please don't judge!

Become an outdoors men...I mean outdoors woman- Well, that might be taking it a bit far. But I really want to focus on our outdoor living space. Our little house has a nice size backyard and I really want it to look manicured, but in a free flowing kind of way. We entertain allot (I know I am embarrassed by my house yet I invite people into it all the time...wheres the logic? Maybe it left with pregnancy too). When we entertain we usually end up outside at some point...even in the middle of winter, as you can see here. And now I want to not be ashamed of the yard. I will say this- Michael and my Dad (along with others who got thrown in like brother in law Blair and cousin David) did put some work into it before Riley was born. They banished the chain length fence...seriously our cute little house had chain length fencing. And they put in a wooden fence. Michael also put up some bamboo fencing to cover up "redneckville". For those of you that are unaware, "redneckville" is Michael's shed where he keeps all of his manly belongings like yard equipment (minus the weed whacker that was stolen...he is still sad about it) and some tools (minus the drill he loaned out and can't find). Anyway it is covered and that makes me happy...it has antlers hanging over the entrance and not in a chic way like this. So now after a long and slightly dramatic monologue on my yard i will let you know I am moving forward with this project. I contacted Aunt Anne- not my Aunt, but my best friend Anne's aunt. Aunt Anne, aka Anne brewer, is a master gardener and she is going to give Michael and I some direction on our yard. You can check out her stuff here.

So I know I listed allot of stuff I want to do (I would say we, but we all know Michael is does not really "want" to do any of this)...but I am really good I procrastinating so wish me luck moving forward.

1 comment:

EMILY said...

Thanks for the shout-out Allison! Love the M.S. link! :)