Monday, March 16, 2009

The worst possible time to be fertile!

You know right after you have a baby they say is the time you are most likely to concieve again. Scary thought. It is totally a mean trick on Mother Nautures part. Anyway, last week I was in so much pain I thought I was getting mastitis. And then he next night I was dizzy and then the next day I caught myself saying, "I am so tired and I haven't been this tired since the first trimester. My Mom responded, "you're not pregnant, are you?" And my answer was, "of course not." What kind of crazy question was that? Then that same day I was still getting a funny flavor in my mouth which I had attributed to sinus issues, and food was just not tasting good and I got a headache (another thing I have not had since the 1st trimester). And then all of a sudden I was completly useless at work because I started to freak out that I was one of the ones that fell outside the 99.9 %.

So when I got home I took a test just to get the crazy thought out of my head, and it was negative. Whew!! Sunday when we got back in town, Michael saw it in the trash can and said that it didn't look negative to him. Knowing that a test cannot be trusted after 10 minutes have passed I assured him it was negative on Friday, but then he was nervous and I got nervous so I took one more test. Well that darn digital test said "Pregnant". Michael could hear me in the bathroom laughing a very strange laugh, which turned to tears. He just looked at me in disbelief while holding Riley and tried to calm me down. After a few minutes of converstion we decided the digital test were crap and I went to the store for the kind I trusted. Whew...relief when that test was negative. But just to cover all of my bases I went to the doctor and had them draw blood and it is official...I am not pregnant and Michael is going to have to sleep in the guest room.

4 comments:

FLEEGE said...

oh god scary thought!!!

Allison & Michael Godwin said...

You are telling me!

Holland said...

ohhhhhhh my. i would've died.

kristin beck said...

Ha Ha! What a funny story....the same thing happened to me the other day except, 5 tests and an ultrasound later.....I am still pg:)