Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Baby Boot Camp Night # 1

Holland has been giving me advice on how to do this for about a month now...don't ask me why I took so long to come around! Maybe, I was hoping Riley would go back to his old ways and start sleeping through the night againn like he did until he was 4 months old...or maybe I was just scared that forcing him to cry it out was like torture. Turns out the only person it tortures is Momma and Daddy. Riley was perfectly happy this morning and the night went pretty smoothly.

Last night at bedtime (7:30 pm) I swaddled Riley, turned on his goodnight CD, put the paci in his mouth, rocked him for a few minutes, then I put him down on his sleep positioner, under his mobile and waived "night night". He seemed content and he was, because he went to sleep and 30 minutes later I went in and turned off his CD. He slept soundly until 2:40 am, when his cries came through the monitor in our room. We turned down the volume and waited until he had cried for 10 minutes and then I went in and gave him his paci and reswaddled him. He calmed down and I turned his mobile back on and he went back to sleep. We repeated this routine at 5:40 am as well. But both times he settled right back down and went to sleep. So I can do this, plus when we turn the volume down on the monitor his little cries sound more like coos in our bedroom.
This picture below is not from last night, this is one of Riley's naps over the weekend. But this is what we are going for a sleeping baby...perhaps with his pants buttoned.

1 comment:

Holland said...

it gets better!!