Riley started to give hugs and kisses at the end of June. They started about the same time, but now he mainly just gives kisses. Anyway I am the main recipient of said kisses (and if you asked 9 months of pregnancy and an epidural free labor earned me that right). His hugs and kisses started a week or so before we went to Dallas, he was 6 1/2 months old. His first hug was to Gie Gie, and he did so by wrapping his arms around her neck and biting her neck...good thing he did not have teeth then. A couple of days before he did that he kissed me...this involves his mouth wide open and drooling landing on my face...most likely my nose. Back in June he would give me a kiss, then in August we started playing a game. I will give Riley a couple of kisses and then he will react by giving them back, then I kiss him, and he kisses me back, and so it goes. It might be about the most wonderful thing in the world!!! I end up sopping wet with Riley drool, but nothing is better!
PS I have really started wearing make up everyday like a real grown up...but this day was last week after I had taken Michael to the surgery center for sinus surgery and we had left the house at 5:45. Trust me by the end of this day in particular I NEEDED all of those kisses!

4 comments:
Thank you for the much needed update! So cute and in a week and a half i will get some much needed Riley love!
I love Riley!! I think more than I love you :) Please don't take it personally!! See you in November!
So so precious!! I can't wait for hugs and kisses from Curran!! And I agree that after pregnancy and labor you most definitely deserve the first ones! :)
those are the sweetest pictures!
Post a Comment